Monday, March 10, 2008

WORD of warning about Telstra

I received my telstra bill today and was really shocked to see a Queensland number on my phone bill, I will explain it, I have been charged for my phone number and someone living in Queenslands number, I was like WTF, so I rang Telstra and I had to go through this problem of my date of birth before I could talk to them ( they have the wrong date of birth down ) apparently I don't know when I was born ...lol, I got through all that and I said to the girl that i was really confused by my bill and she said OH what number are you talking about there is a queensland number and address on your bill, I went like yep that what I am confused about, I live in sydney, she made me tell her my number and address again and said what about queensland, I DON'T EVEN KNOW ANYONE there was my reply anyway she was going through all this and by this time I was really upset and said NO WONDER I DID'T WANT TO GO BACK TO TELSTRA BUT I was conned and now look what has happened, channel 7 and channel 9 will get a good story out of this one.
It turns out someone has stolen my identity LIKE HOW!! They would have had to know my date of birth BUT remember telstra don't even have my correct date of birth!!
The girl was very good, she even told me where the phone calls were made from curumba or something like that AND the name of the person who had the phone cut off was a Leeanne BUT this hasn't helped me.
She has fixed it up and now I only have to pay $17.60 and to access my account u now need a password.
I did infact thank the girl because she was really helpfull and one of the nicest telstra workers I have ever spoken to.
So just a word of warning to everyone WATCH OUT for your bill.

2 comments:

Mumma_Mone said...

wow neenie that is amazing im glad you got it sorted though how could they get it so wrong. lol

All That Chit Chat said...

Thanks for the warning.

Wow! You got some beautiful work here!

Thanks for the kind comment on my blog.

Abundant blessings to you!